Discussion Forum

Forum Navigation
Please to create posts and topics.

Developer section?

All - is there an area where developers / testing teams can discuss the features / thoughts ? If github is the preferred forum for that, then I can use that, want to check before I start that conversation there.

Here is what I want to discuss. I am trying to compile Scrite with clang instead of g++ and I am getting linker error with Hunspell. Please suggest which is the right place for this discussion.

Thank You

loader.o: In function `Sonnet::Loader::loadPlugin(QString const&)':

~/code/build-scrite-Desktop_Qt_5_15_1_GCC_64bit-Profile/../scrite/3rdparty/sonnet/sonnet/src/core/loader.cpp:349: undefined reference to `HunspellClient::HunspellClient(QObject*)'
clang-10: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

@gnittala: We just created a software development section and moved this thread into it.

@gnittala

: Hunspell has two kinds of API. Depending on what version you have you have to comment / uncomment lines in config-hunspell.h file.

// if you are using any version >= libhunspell-1.5
// #define USE_OLD_HUNSPELL_API 0
// If you are using any version < libhunspell-1.5
#define USE_OLD_HUNSPELL_API 1

Please lookup what version of hunspell you have installed before building Scrite on Linux. The README.md file has some notes about this.

IMPORTANT
===============

To build Scrite with Hunspell support on Linux, please install hunspell-dev
On Ubuntu, you can do this by executing the following command

sudo apt-get install libhunspell-dev

Depending on the version number of hunspell installed on your computer, you
will have to update config-hunspell.h. Comments in this file should help you
understand what changes you should be making.

For more information about this package, please visit
https://packages.debian.org/sid/libhunspell-dev