Discussion Forum

New sign-ups are no longer accepted here. Although existing users can sign-in and create posts, we request that you please join us on Discord and initiate/continue conversations there.

Forum Navigation
Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumDiscussions: BugsIt hangs so many times
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

It hangs so many times

Page 1 of 2Next

I have started to write screen play for one feature film. After writing about 16 scenes it got hanged and iam not able to open that screenplay file. When i open that screenplay script will hang. Other files will open. While Undoing changes also it create some problems. It hangs sometimes when i do erase by backspace. Please help me with this. Iam not able to open that feature film file.

Hi  Team SCRITE!

I have a similar issue after downloading the BETA 4.12 version and over the last few days.

This is occurring while switching back & forth between the STRUCTURE & SCREENPLAY tabs. I am unable to attach a screenshot here though.

Request a quick look into fixing this issue, please!

Regards,

Kiran

Prashanth Udupa has reacted to this post.
Prashanth Udupa

@krh, @adisheshaps

We have been getting reports of crashes on computer with Intel Graphics Cards. Could you please confirm if you are also using an Intel Graphics Card?

It's not just Scrite, a lot of other software applications crash unceremoniously when used on Intel Graphics Cards. We are investigating and figuring out a way to address it. But it would be useful to confirm if your crashes are also occurring on a machine with Intel Graphics Card.
kRh has reacted to this post.
kRh

Thanks for the quick response, Prashanth!

Have responded via the email as I wasn't able to find a way to attach an image/screenshot on this forum. Sorry, if I am missing something here. 🙂

Regards,

Kiran

Prashanth Udupa

Iam using NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 graphics card

Prashanth Udupa

@krh: Perhaps you can try the fix suggested at this link: https://www.scrite.io/index.php/does-scrite-freeze-or-crash-a-lot-on-your-windows-pc/

@adisheshaps: Please update to 0.4.13 once. If you are still noticing crashes, then you can perhaps try a workaround suggested in the link above.

Please let us know if it works.

((I got to find out how to configure this Forum software to enable attachments))

kRh

@krh : Please also look at this link for a possible work around for when Scrite freezes upon loading a file https://www.scrite.io/index.php/scrite-freezes-while-opening-a-file/

Before you try this, can you please confirm if you are able to download and read screenplays from Scriptalay (https://teriflix.github.io/scrite/scriptalay.html)?

kRh

Hi Prashanth!

I am able to view the pre-loaded screenplays from SCRIPTALAY and also shuffle between the SCREENPLAY & STRUCTURE tabs - even close one of those screenplays and open another one as well.

However, when opening my own screenplay (created using the previous BETA version), while the STRUCTURE tab opens up, the application HANGS when tried to move to the SCREENPLAY tab. Not sure, if it could be because of the creation in the previous version however, as I am yet to try the "TXT to FOUNTAIN FORMAT, will do that and keep you guys posted.

Regards,

Kiran

PS: The laptop used is an MSI GF63 Thin 95C (one designed for gaming and I invested in this not for gaming but for the benefit of having a dedicated Graphic Card so, hopefully, that very purpose wouldn't be rendered ineffective!

Hi Prashanth!

Updating the status quo about the "Hanging Issue" that is still persisting over the entire weekend and till now. Have emailed regarding the same as well.

Hopefully there is a long-term fix and soon so that the intermittent work as of now can gain momentum!

Regards,

Kiran

Prashanth Udupa

@krh - For us to reliably fix a crash or freeze, we need to be able to reproduce the bug on our test computers. We test every beta of Scrite on 2 Macs, 2 Windows PCs and 2 Linux PCs all. We are unable to reproduce the crash or freeze that you report here on any of these test computers.

Since we are unable to determine why Scrite hangs on your computer and not on many other user's computers and our test computers, we are (as you can imagine) shooting the bug in the dark here. As a part of any software development process, Scrite too receives its share of bug fixes and stability improvements as it progresses. Perhaps you can try the next beta, whenever it comes out and see if it works any better.

kRh
Page 1 of 2Next