This website and/or the Scrite app may provide access to screenplays for your review and study. While some of the screenplays are explicitly sourced from the content owners, many others are created from publicly available sources on the Internet.
In all cases the copyrights of the screenplays and any accompanying material (posters, notes, etc) rests only with their respective copyright owners.
The Scrite project and/or its owners do not claim copyright of any of the screenplays made available on this website or via the Scrite App. Nor do the Scrite project and its owners claim any responsibility for the accuracy and legitimacy of the works.
The screenplays are made available as-is and for the purpose of study, and as such comes with no warranty whatsoever.
Making available screenplays for educational purposes or for the purpose of commentary and study is considered fair-use as outlined below.
Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include –
- the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;
- the nature of the copyrighted work;
- the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and
- the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.
The fact that a work is unpublished shall not itself bar a finding of fair use if such finding is made upon consideration of all the above factors.
All screenplays on this site, either available for direct download OR via the Scrite app, are for educational purposes only. None of the scripts are sold OR will be sold by the Scrite project and/or its owners.
- The Scrite project reserves the right not to be responsible for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of the screenplay and information provided. Liability claims regarding damage caused by the use of any information provided, including any kind of information which is incomplete or incorrect, will therefore be rejected. All offers are not-binding and without obligation. Parts of the pages or the complete publication including all offers and information might be extended, changed or partly or completely deleted without separate announcement.
- We are not responsible for any contents linked or referred to from the screenplays. If any damage occurs by the use of information presented there, the Scrite project and its owners are not responsible for the same.
- The copyright rests only with the original creator of the screenplay and/or its future owners. Against each screenplay, the source from which it was created is explicitly stated in the form of URL or contact details. It may happen that such source URLs or contact details may change without our notice; we are therefore not responsible for keeping such source information current.
- The screenplays offered for download from our website or from the app is done so with the hope that they may serve as learning material for other writers. The Scrite project and/or its owners are not responsible for any illegal use of such material by users of the Scrite app or visitors of this website. Members of the Scrite project and/or its owners also refuse to participate in any litigation arising out of its users’ or visitors’ illegal use of the screenplays made available on this website.