Fun, Engaging and Productive Screenplay Writing App
- Structure: Capture the structure or flow of your story
- Timeline: Write linearly or randomly and sequence them later.
- Multilingual: Write in English or 10 other Indian Languages.
- Export: Share your work freely. Export to several formats.
- Import: Start from scratch or import your existing screenplay.
- Notebook: Capture your thoughts, research and ideas as notes.
- Reports: Generate character and location reports.
- Open Source: Complete source code is available on GitHub.
- Work In Progress: Always under development. Open to feature requests.
Capture the structure or flow of your story
Write linearly or randomly and sequence them later.
Write in English or 10 other Indian Languages.
Share your work freely. Export to several formats.
Start from scratch or import your existing screenplay.
Capture your thoughts, research and ideas as notes.
Generate character and location reports.
Complete source code is available on GitHub
Work In Progress
Always under development. Open to feature requests.
Download Scrite on your macOS, Windows or Linux desktop and give it a try!
Close to 550 writers from around the world are actively using Scrite today. Be among the early adopters who enjoy writing on Scrite and help make it better!
Latest News & Updates
- Using Input MethodsSince the first beta release of Scrite back in April 2020, a built-in transliteration mechanism was baked into the app. Many users complained that the transliteration was not as easy as the ML based transliteration services that people are used to like Google Translate and even Microsoft’s own inbuilt features in Windows 10. We did […]
- Custom FontsScrite comes bundled with fonts for each language it supports. Until 0.4.12, you had to use only those fonts and no other within your screenplays. Starting with 0.4.13, we now make it possible for users to assign custom fonts to each language they want to use. The Application tab in Settings now allows you to […]
- Punyakoti – ScreenplayWriter and Director Ravi Shankar‘s crowdfunded his debut animation film, perhaps the first feature length Sanskrit Animation film, called Punyakoti. Over 100 animators worked across 5 years to bring this film to light. It is currently streaming on Netflix and has received great reviews. Music maestro Illayaraja has given music for this film. The film […]
- Bhinna – ScreenplayWriter & Director Adarsh Eshwarappa‘s Bhinna is the first Kannada film to get an “Originals” release directly on OTT. This 2019 film is available as a Zee5 Originals and you can watch it here. This film follows the life of the Kaveri. The Script of a Film, she is going to be a part of; […]
- ScriptalayWith version 0.4.11, we have added a new feature in Scrite called Scriptalay. This feature provides you access to a small but growing repository of screenplays that you can download from and study. To open Scriptalay, ensure that you are connected to the Internet and click on its button on the toolbar. Wait for Scrite […]