Skip to the content
- Display Resolution of your monitor should be such that it can support window size of 1366 x 768 or higher. Otherwise Scrite will show a minimum functionality UI that is suitable for reading screenplays – not as much for editing.
- RAM of 8GB or more
- Any Intel processor with 2 or more cores.
- A dedicated graphics card.
- On Windows: Scrite works best on Windows 10
- You can install and use Scrite on Windows 7 & Windows 8.1 also, however we dont actively test on these platforms. So it may not work at its best.
- IMPORTANT: If Scrite installation fails or after installation, it fails to start (by reporting DLL errors); please ensure that you install all Windows OS Updates and then reinstall Scrite.
- While Upgrading, please uninstall the previous version of Scrite before installing the new version.
- On macOS: Scrite works on any Mac released after 2012. As of now we we build only for Intel Macs and we do not have a timeline for Apple Silicon Macs (they are yet to be released anyway)
- Note: Scrite can be used only on macOS 10.12 and later.
- On Linux: Ubuntu 16.04 and higher.
- Note: only 64-bit builds are available for Linux.
- While we want to support 32-bit hardware, it may never happen.