Click here to download Scrite Version 0.8.8 Beta for Macs running macOS 10.12 or later.
- Restore Unsaved Documents
- What’s new in version 0.8.4 and 0.8.5 beta?
- What’s new in version 0.8.2 and 0.8.3 beta?
- What’s new in version 0.8 beta?
- Latest Video Tutorial On Using Scrite
- Minimum Requirements
- Graphics Performance On Your Mac
Note: This is a beta release. A software is released for public beta primarily to seek feedback from the public. Scrite has undergone reasonably extensive testing internally in alpha stage, but it could still have known or unknown bugs. Please read more about what a beta release means here (https://techterms.com/definition/beta_software). If you wish to have a more stable and complete version, we recommend you to wait until we have a 1.0 release. But if you are one of the early adopters who wants to check out Scrite, please feel free to download and please provide feedback.
- Download of the macOS DMG File should have started by now already, otherwise please click on the link above.
- Once downloaded, mount the DMG file by double clicking on it.
- Drag the Scrite app in it to your Applications folder.
When you double click and launch the Scrite app from Applications folder for the first time, you will see a warning like this.
You can click on the Cancel button for now. The first launch of Scrite (each time you install or upgrade) has to be triggered from the context menu.
macOS will then display a warning dialog box asking you if you are sure about launching the app.
Here you can click on the “Open” button to launch the app. Once macOS registers that the app was launched like this, it allows you to launch the app directly from Spotlight from the next time.